Following Jesus is all about worship, and believers are called to practically and genuinely help one another in a life of repentance, faith, and love (John 13:34-35; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; Hebrews 3:13). Practicing biblical fellowship with one another is one of the greatest means of preparing God’s children to worship Him forever.
If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)
Every Christ-follower is encouraged to pursue a Christian mentoring relationship that aims to encourage spiritual maturity — all by the grace of God and for the glory of God (Colossians 1:9-12, 28-29)!
- Thanksgiving. God desires for every member of Bethany to enjoy Him by growing in an attitude of thanksgiving, gratitude, and worship in every aspect of their life. Matthew 5:5-6; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Purity. God desires for every member of Bethany to enjoy Him by growing in a lifestyle of repentance that includes progress in personal purity, holiness, and perseverance through persecution and suffering. Matthew 5:8, 10-12; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7; Hebrews 10:36; 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2; 1 John 2:15-17
- Abiding. God desires for every member of Bethany to enjoy Him in a lifestyle of spiritual communion with Him. Every believer needs Jesus for every part of their life. Such dependence shows itself through a regular practice of Bible reading and prayer. Matthew 5:3; Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 5:15-21; Colossians 3:16
- Relationships. God desires for every member of Bethany to enjoy Him in Christ-centered relationships with others that are humble, submissive, forgiving, and permeated with the love of Christ in every friend, dating, marriage, and parenting relationship. Matthew 5:9; Ephesians 4:32, 6:5-8; Colossians 3:18-21; 1 Peter 2:13-17
- Witness. God desires for every member of Bethany to intentionally and compassionately share Christ with others and feel a responsibility for making disciples in their own families, neighborhoods, and workplaces. Every Christ-follower should be active in both local and global outreach. Matthew 5:13-16, 28:18-20; 2 Corinthians 5:20
- Service. God desires for every member of Bethany to enjoy Him by actively and cheerfully volunteering in God’s church, and to be wholeheartedly engaged in her supernatural worship, ministries, and participation in the Lord’s Table. Matthew 5:7; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Hebrews 10:24-25; 1 Peter 4:10-11
- Generosity. God desires for every member of Bethany to enjoy Him by stewarding their time, talents, and treasure in Christ-centered worship — putting God first, living within their means, and embracing generosity as a core value in their life. 2 Corinthians 8:1-7
- Rest. God desires for every member of Bethany to enjoy Him by truly resting in their identity in Christ and being fully assured of God’s faithfulness to His promises. This gives us the freedom to admit our weaknesses and confess and repent of sin without feeling judged and condemned by others. Matthew 5:4; Colossians 4:12; Hebrews 4:9-11; 1 John 1:7
Connect with a personal discipleship relationship or mentor to help you grow by plugging into one of the following adult discipleship ministries: