The Truth is the Sr. High ministry at Bethany. We exist to glorify God by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord to youth and parents, preparing both to worship Him forever (Eccl. 12:13-14).
The Truth is a place where students are welcomed and valued. We take time to fellowship, announce upcoming activities, share prayer requests, and study the Bible. Our Sunday school lessons cover short passages within a book of the Bible where we attempt to examine each verse within its proper context for the purpose of applying it to our lives.
Sr. High students 9th-12th grade meet in the Bethany youth room every Sunday from 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Join us for worship at 8:30am!
Bethany’s church building is an elevated precaution facility status each Sunday from 8:00-9:45am (except for designated areas).
What does elevated precaution mean?
- Sanctuary: Every other row marked off and 2 seats expected between groups.
- Gym: The gym is designated as a mild precaution area, with masks or distancing encouraged but observance of these are left to individual family’s discretion. Masks and distancing are expected at all times in the rest of the building during elevated precaution (8:00-9:45am, Sundays).
- The 8:30am worship service will be slightly shorter than normal (60 minutes, ending at 9:30am).
- Masks are expected to be worn while singing (except in the gym, see “Seating,” above). When seated or after congregational singing concludes, masks can be removed if desired.
- The Nursery is not available during the 8:30am service at this time.
- Children’s Church and Children’s Sunday School programs are not available during the 8:30am service at this time.
Join us for worship at 10:00am!
Bethany’s church building is a mild precaution facility beginning at 9:45am Sunday and beyond (except for designated areas).
What does mild precaution mean?
- Sanctuary: Every other row marked off and family groups sit as space allows.
- Overflow areas will be available as needed in the gym, Sr High room, and additional meeting spaces.
- The 10:00am worship service is planned for the traditional length of time (75min, ending at 11:15am).
- Masks and/or distancing is left up to household discretion.
- We are working to offer childcare during this service. Pre-registration will be required, with a limit on number of children/room.
- NOTE: The nursery will be an Elevated precaution area.
- We are offering Children’s Sunday School for kids ages 3 through 6th grade during the 10:00am worship service. Please click here to signup online (pre-registration is required).
- All Sunday School volunteers will wear masks when serving in Sunday School areas; children will not be required to wear masks.
Leader: Kendra Showalter
Start/End Dates: September 14-November 16
Meets: @ Bethany Baptist Church
Cost: $14 for book
It all began with the Word. The opening chapters of Genesis teach us fundamental truths about God. We watch Him bring light after darkness, order after chaos, and rest after toil—all through the power of His Word. Join us for Jen Wilkin’s 10-week study of Genesis 1-11. We will follow three critical stages of understanding: comprehension, interpretation, and application. We will revisit familiar stories and historical figures, challenge our basic knowledge, and discover deeper meanings in the text. As God reveals Himself through Scripture, we can only begin to understand ourselves when we first glimpse the character, attributes, and promises of our Creator.
Leader: Kimberly Boerckel
Start/End Dates: September 14-November 2
Meets: @ Bethany Baptist Church
Cost: $10 for materials
“The world’s future—yes, your future—-is inexorably tied to Israel’s future. This study from Daniel 9-12 helps you see why In the Future of Israel, John MacArthur looks at highly detailed prophecies about Israel that have come true, prophecies yet to be fulfilled, and the unique measures God will take to preserve His chosen people during the explosive, deadly period known as the Great Tribulation.”
We will be taking 8 weeks to observe these 4 chapters in-depth (2 weeks on each chapter). This will include marking the text in your reading and making observations and lists. Also, you will receive John Macarthur’s study guide and questions which you will use each week as your homework alongside your scripture text observations.
Finally, there will be one sermon per week that coincides with our study guide you can access on Gty.org . Then, we will come together and discuss all that we have gleaned for the week. I am so excited about this study. I hope you will join us!