As a church, we have a responsibility to identify individuals in our community that sense a calling to ministry. That’s why we have the Nurture Program in place: to confirm and affirm the people in our church family and to send them out as full-time cross-cultural workers. This is a dynamic way to disciple and raise up Godly leaders who are prepared to take the Gospel across the nation and the globe.
The purpose of the Nurture Program is two-fold:
- Prepare full-time cross-cultural workers by giving them knowledge, helping them develop character, and teaching them the skills required for effective service. We do this as a part of our own church so we can confirm and affirm the Holy Spirit’s calling on their life (Acts 13:1-3), and to fulfill our responsibility as their “senders” (3 John 6).
- Equip and encourage the saints in the local church to be effective participants in the Great Commission in the context of the local church.
Through this ministry, we focus on developing three foundational areas in candidates prior to sending them out as full-time workers:
- Knowing: God, His Word, and His Glory in Missions
- Being: conformed to the Image of His Son
- Doing: glorifying God through Missions
The Nurture Program is designed to help participants grow in these areas through courses, seminars, readings and personal accountability, and to discern where God would have them serve.
If you would like to begin the Nurture Program, please contact our Global Outreach pastor, Steve Hornbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the church office.