Bethany is a church family following Jesus together.
We sing His praises. We pray in His name. We teach His Word. We love His people. We share His message. All this and more we do together because THERE IS NONE LIKE HIM.
Whether you’ve been following Jesus for years or are just getting started, we hope today you experience the good news of Jesus and discover hot to take the next step on the path of following Him.
ORDER OF WORSHIPGive Online Safely & Securely
Welcome | Josh Beakley
Song: Jesus Is Better
Song: It Is Well With My Soul
Song: Rock of Ages
Song: The Lord Is My Salvation
Scripture Reading: I John 5:1-12
Sermon: Genuine Victory | Dr. Ritch Boerckel
Closing Song: I Will Sing of My Redeemer
Closing | Josh Beakley
THIS WEEK AT BETHANY
Sunday, May 10
Wednesday, May 13
• 6:30-7:00pm | Together We Stand – Livestream – Devotion on Facebook Live & Bethany’s website
• 7:30-8:00pm | Staying Real – Livestream – Student Ministries (Jr High, Sr High & College) on Bethany’s website
Sunday, May 17
• 8:15 & 11:00am | Worship Service Livestreams
UPDATE: In compliance with the shelter-at-home order for the state of Illinois, there are no on-site worship services or other meetings at Bethany through May 30. Please reference our COVID-19 update page for updates from our church and resources for your family during this time.
COMMUNITY NEWS & UPDATES
- Family News – We extend our sympathy to Brent & Deb Graham and family and Blake & Rachel Graham and family on the death of Brent and Blake’s father, Richard Graham, who went home to be with the Lord on May 3.
- New ABC Series – City On a Hill invites all adults for a new series on the book of Ecclesiastes beginning today, May 10. The class meets online (phone or internet) at 9:45am on Sundays. For an invitation with log-on details, please email Dan Hoyt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate Recognition – We look forward to honoring our high school and college graduates in the digital bulletin next Sunday. Please send your graduate’s information to email@example.com to be included. When you email please provide the student’s name and school. For post-secondary degrees (masters, doctorate, etc.) please also include the degree type and emphasis.
- We have a resource page designed to help you stay connected with your church family during this health crisis, including updates from our leadership team, worship service details, how-to videos for leading family devotions, and more! Check out Life Together during COVID-19.
- CARE CENTRAL: Get Help | Give Help – It’s in times of crisis that gospel love often shines brightest. Taking two minutes to share your current needs (and the ways you can help others in need) demonstrates this love in a simple and powerful way. Click here to complete the 2 minute Care Survey.
- TOGETHER DAY BY DAY: Daily Email Devotional (Monday through Saturday) – Sign up to receive short email devotionals, written by our own Bethany elder team. This daily dose of truth in your inbox will help counter the barrage of fear and uncertainty around you. Sign up on myBethany.
- This week’s Children’s Ministry Newsletter available now! Each week our children’s ministry team provides teaching materials to help make your time at home with your kids fruitful and encouraging. Check out the latest issue here!
- The easiest way to support Bethany with your tithes and offerings is to click here and make a one-time or recurring gift online. You can also use your own bank’s online bill pay tools or send a check by mail to: Bethany Baptist Church, 7422 N. Heinz Ln., Edwards, IL 61528.
- Received This Fiscal Year // $2,994,727.91
- 2019-2020 Budget // $2,978,060
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Together We Stand – Livestream Bible Study | 6:30pm, each Wednesday
Tune in on Facebook Live or live.bethanycentral.org as Pastors Ritch and Josh share from God’s Word, pray for our church, and lead us in worship during this informal 30-minute devotional time.
- Staying Real – Livestream Student Ministries Gathering | 7:30pm, each Wednesday
Pastors Josh and Jimmy, along with Billy Schick go live each Wednesday night to answer students’ questions on the air, to talk about faith and real life, and to encourage our youth. Check out Staying Real at live.bethanycentral.org.
- ENGAGE | Friday, May 29 from 7:00-8:45pm
We are excited to announce that we are going to be holding an online Engage event this year! Tune in to live.bethanycentral.org on May 29th and watch as our students deliver recorded presentations and teaching on the topic of God and money. Participants will explore the topic of worshipping God through finances and how our faith influences our beliefs regarding debt, gambling, giving to the church, investing and saving.
- Thinking Together – Short Devotional Meditations from our Teaching Pastors
This new bi-weekly series of short videos features our teaching pastors in their homes, helping us think about the Gospel together through this season of hardship and trial. The series explores relevant biblical texts to unleash clear gospel truth for real everyday impact.
- Together at Home – How-to Videos for Family Devotions
A series of short videos featuring our pastors filmed in their own homes as they demonstrate the practice of leading family devotions.