Women’s Ministries at Bethany nourishes and encourages women to grow in relationship with God through study and training in the Word, serving and caring for the Body of Christ, and fostering a multi-generational, Christ-centered community. So whether you are just out of high school or a grandmother (or somewhere in between!) we would love to help you get connected to our church family. Here are several key areas to get started…
Teaching & Training
- Discipleship: Our desire is to connect women in spiritual relationships. Please let us know if you are interested in serving in this ministry or if you desire to be connected in a discipleship/spiritual relationship with another woman in the church.
- Ladies Bible Studies: Throughout the year, Bethany offers both ongoing and short-term Ladies’ Bible Studies that meet at various times throughout the week. Studies range from examining books of the Bible, to video series, to book-based discussions. With many times, days and subjects to choose from, there are plenty of options to help you get connected. To see the current list of our studies, and to register to attend, click the button below.
- By The Way: Have you seen Bethany’s women’s ministry blog? You can read stories of God’s faithfulness, gain encouragement to grow in your faith in Christ, hear from the women of Bethany, and more by simply visiting our blog at bythewaybethany.org. To get involved with the Women’s Ministry communications, and to submit an article for By the Way, please contact Erin Blucker: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving & Caring
- Circle of Care – Five distinct ministries operate under the Circle of Care. Look through the descriptions below for details about each one, and contact the leader listed to get involved or to request assistance. To learn more about care ministries at Bethany, please contact Ann Bryant: email@example.com.
- Crisis Foods: This ministry exists to provide opportunities to share food with others in times of need or crisis, whether that is a new baby in the house, an illness of a loved one, or many other situations. It’s an opportunity to bear one another’s burdens. For more info, contact Katie Altorfer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hats of Hope: Join cancer survivors and other women once a month to make hats for those suffering hair loss from cancer treatments. For more info, please contact Holly Miller: email@example.com. Or you can request more info here.
- Women Helping Women: Women Helping Women serves those experiencing miscarriage, still birth, early infant death, infertility, and post-abortion struggles. We have many different products that will help the parents through the difficulty of losing a child. We seek to provide Biblical support, and to share the hope of the gospel through care groups, memory and keepsake boxes, miscarriage bags, and sewing. For more info, please contact Nicole Pepper: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can request more info here.
- New Brides/New Babies: Please contact the office if you or someone you know is getting married or expecting for the first time. The women’s ministries teams would love to give you a gift and put you in touch with someone. For more information, contact Chelsea Davison: email@example.com.
- MOMents | Real Moms. Real Life. The MOMents ministry at Bethany exists to glorify God by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and preparing His people by encouraging, equipping, and developing all mothers of preschoolers to realize their potential in Jesus Christ (1 Thes. 2:8). MOMents meets every other Friday from 9-11 AM during the school year at the church. Meetings consist of a creative activity, door prizes, an encouraging speaker, and small group discussion time, all oriented toward knowing and living out faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Table is an simply an opportunity for you to build community by getting together with other Bethany women to chat, laugh and learn a name or two. We’ve set The Table at different days and times to meet the schedules of as many women as possible. Each Table is unique because the hostesses of each Table planned their own gathering. These small group gatherings are scatted during the September/October and February/March. Questions about The Table? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Ministry Calendar
Bethany Women’s Ministries
Hats of Hope
We are hosting work days for the production of hats for cancer patients.
The work nights are an opportunity to come and meet some cancer
survivors, use your gifts and talents in sewing and knitting, or simply to cut
fabric and make fabric flowers for the hats. Yarn and materials are supplied for you if you desire to make hats at home.
All ladies are invited to join Chelsea Mullins at Bethany to celebrate! Contact Rachel Singleton with questions.
Focused Fellowship is an evening for ladies anywhere in the process of fostering and/or adoption. Join us for an evening of refreshment, encouragement, and prayer. We gather on the 3rd Monday each month, from 7:00-9:00pm.
Come as you are, bring a friend if you’d like, a treat to share if you feel inspired.
All ladies are invited to a bridal shower for Melissa Lueken to celebrate! Contact Lisa Lueken with questions.
The MOMents ministry at Bethany exists to glorify God by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and preparing His people by encouraging, equipping, and developing all mothers of preschoolers to realize their potential in Jesus Christ (1 Thes. 2:8).
MOMents meets every other Friday from 9-11 AM during the school year at the church. Meetings consist of a creative activity, door prizes, an encouraging speaker, and small group discussion time, all oriented toward knowing and living out faith in Jesus Christ.
More information on MOMents can be found on our MOMents page: http://bethanycentral.org/connect/adults/moments/.