Women’s Ministries at Bethany nourishes and encourages women to grow in relationship with God through study and training in the Word, serving and caring for the Body of Christ, and fostering a multi-generational, Christ-centered community. So whether you are just out of high school or a grandmother (or somewhere in between!) we would love to help you get connected to our church family. Here are several key areas to get started…
Teaching & Training
- Discipleship: Our desire is to connect women in spiritual relationships. Please let us know if you are interested in serving in this ministry or if you desire to be connected in a discipleship/spiritual relationship with another woman in the church.
- Ladies Bible Studies: Throughout the year, Bethany offers both ongoing and short-term Ladies’ Bible Studies that meet at various times throughout the week. Studies range from examining books of the Bible, to video series, to book-based discussions. With many times, days and subjects to choose from, there are plenty of options to help you get connected. To see the current list of our studies, and to register to attend, click the button below.
- By The Way: Have you seen Bethany’s women’s ministry blog? You can read stories of God’s faithfulness, gain encouragement to grow in your faith in Christ, hear from the women of Bethany, and more by simply visiting our blog at bythewaybethany.org. To get involved with the Women’s Ministry communications, and to submit an article for By the Way, please contact Erin Blucker: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving & Caring
- Circle of Care – Five distinct ministries operate under the Circle of Care. Look through the descriptions below for details about each one, and contact the leader listed to get involved or to request assistance. To learn more about care ministries at Bethany, please contact Ann Bryant: email@example.com.
- Crisis Foods: This ministry exists to provide opportunities to share food with others in times of need or crisis, whether that is a new baby in the house, an illness of a loved one, or many other situations. It’s an opportunity to bear one another’s burdens. For more info, contact Katie Altorfer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hats of Hope: Join cancer survivors and other women once a month to make hats for those suffering hair loss from cancer treatments. For more info, please contact Holly Miller: email@example.com. Or you can request more info here.
- Women Helping Women: Women Helping Women serves those experiencing miscarriage, still birth, early infant death, infertility, and post-abortion struggles. We have many different products that will help the parents through the difficulty of losing a child. We seek to provide Biblical support, and to share the hope of the gospel through care groups, memory and keepsake boxes, miscarriage bags, and sewing. For more info, please contact Nicole Pepper: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can request more info here.
- New Brides/New Babies: Please contact the office if you or someone you know is getting married or expecting for the first time. The women’s ministries teams would love to give you a gift and put you in touch with someone. For more information, contact Chelsea Davison: email@example.com.
- MOMents | Real Moms. Real Life. The MOMents ministry at Bethany exists to glorify God by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and preparing His people by encouraging, equipping, and developing all mothers of preschoolers to realize their potential in Jesus Christ (1 Thes. 2:8). MOMents meets every other Friday from 9-11 AM during the school year at the church. Meetings consist of a creative activity, door prizes, an encouraging speaker, and small group discussion time, all oriented toward knowing and living out faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Table is an simply an opportunity for you to build community by getting together with other Bethany women to chat, laugh and learn a name or two. We’ve set The Table at different days and times to meet the schedules of as many women as possible. Each Table is unique because the hostesses of each Table planned their own gathering. These small group gatherings are scatted during the September/October and February/March. Questions about The Table? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Ministry Calendar
The MOMents ministry at Bethany exists to glorify God by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and preparing His people by encouraging, equipping, and developing all mothers of preschoolers to realize their potential in Jesus Christ (1 Thes. 2:8).
MOMents meets every other Friday from 9-11 AM during the school year at the church. Meetings consist of a creative activity, door prizes, an encouraging speaker, and small group discussion time, all oriented toward knowing and living out faith in Jesus Christ.
More information on MOMents can be found on our MOMents page: http://bethanycentral.org/connect/adults/moments/.
This Ladies Bible Study meets weekly on Tuesdays at Bethany Baptist Church from 9-11am, Sept 10–Nov 12. Cost of resources used is $21. Childcare is available.
In these two DVD studies, Kay Arthur will lead us through 2 Thessalonians and Titus.
“The Thessalonians were interested in the end times, just as we are today. But they were confused until they received this letter from Paul. Include this book in your study of prophecy to fully understand what God says about the last days.”
“How do you live with integrity in a nation without morals? Can the church effectively engage and change this destructive condition in our society? How does your life reflect your faith? You can change the culture into which God has called you.”
This Ladies Bible Study meets weekly on Tuesdays at Bethany Baptist Church from 9-11am, Sept 10–Oct 29. Resource for this study is $5 and childcare is available.
Have you ever wondered how the Psalms apply to us today? How should we read them? Come study the songs that Jesus sang! We will learn how the Psalms were used by ancient Israel and by Jesus in His time. Our worship will increase as we learn how to express ourselves to God through the reading of the Psalms. Christ will be magnified as we take a closer look at what the Psalms teach us about Him and how He works in our lives.
This Ladies Bible Study meets at Bethany Baptist Church on Tuesday mornings, from 9:00-11:00am, Sept 3–Oct 8. We will study the book Missional Motherhood, by Gloria Furman.
There’s no such thing as “just” a mom. Despite the routine tasks and mundane to-do lists, motherhood is anything but insignificant. God has designed motherhood as part of his greater plan to draw people to himself—instilling all women, whether called to traditional mothering or not, with an eternal purpose in nurturing others. In this 6-week DVD series, Gloria Furman searches the Scriptures for the mission of God in motherhood. She opens our eyes to God’s life-giving promises—promises intended to empower each and every woman as she makes disciples in her home, in her neighborhood, and around the world.
This Ladies Bible Study meets weekly on Tuesdays at Bethany Baptist Church at Noon, Sept 3–Nov 26. We will study the book Slaying the Giants in Your Life, by Dr. David Jeremiah. Books are available for $12, and the accompanying study guide is available for $11. Childcare is not available.
Giants plague today’s church and while they may not wield spears and shields, they are fearsome, causing far too many of God’s children to stumble in their walks. In Slaying the Giants in Your Life, Dr. David Jeremiah challenges us to stand valiantly against the giants that seek to terrorize today’s believers in this 12-week study. He weaves gripping real-life stories of contemporary giant slayers who came face-to-face with their own Goliaths: temptation, doubt, procrastination, and jealousy. In each, you will discover afresh the eternal unwavering promise of God to overcome those giants.